Preferred method of communication
Research and teaching
Area of Focus
- Epidemiology and outcomes of lacrimal and salivary gland tumours
- molecular pathology of head and neck neoplasms
- quality assurance / quality control in pathology
Summary of Research
1. Epidemiology and molecular pathogenesis of lacrimal and salivary gland neoplasms
2. HPV testing in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas
3. Epidemiology and clinical correlates of NTRK-translocations in thyroid carcinomas
4. Reporting of uncertainty in pathology reports.
Dr Hyrcza is a molecular biologist and an anatomical pathologist. He completed the MD/PhD program at the University of Toronto with the PhD thesis focusing on the transcriptional regulation of the type I interferon responses in HIV infection. He then completed anatomical pathology training at the University of British Columbia and a fellowship in Head & Neck and Endocrine Pathology at UofT. He is currently the consultant pathologist in Head and Neck, Ophthalmic & Endocrine Pathology at the Foothills Medical Center and Rockyview General Hospital. Dr Hyrcza is married and has three children.